It’s time to enter the 2008 “Official Drink of Austin” Contest
Austin Convention & Visitors Bureau, Tito’s Handmade Vodka, and 107.1 KGSR are teaming up to crown one bartender/venue with the title and exclusive rights to serve the “Official Drink of Austin” for one full year. This contest is open to venues, as opposed to individual bartenders, and the rules are simple.
1. Use Tito’s
2. Recipe must be original, as in not already on your venue’s menu
3. Submission cannot be offensive
Recipes can be submitted to Danielle Owen, email@example.com, and must be received by 5pm Thursday, July 31. Judges will announce 5 finalists August 12 to compete in the finals on August 27th at Threadgill’s South.
What’s in it for the winner you ask? Lots of great stuff inlcuding:
1. Two one-day media wristbands for the Austin City Limits Music Festival, and a chance to serve your drink to the 250+ credentialed media attending the festival
2. Local media coverage from the Austin American-Statesman, bRILLIANT magazine, Do512.com, KGSR and more
3. Exclusive rights to serving the “Official Drink of Austin” for one year
4. One year of national promotion of your venue by Austin CVB, including press releases announcing your victory and inclusion in Austin CVB press trip itineraries (we’ll introduce you to many of the national media we host throughout the year)
If you aren’t a bartender with an original recipe but still want to take part in the event, there will be an afterparty at Threadgill’s to celebrate the winner.
Leave a Comment
Be the first to comment!