Do512 TRIVIA NIGHT at Third Base downtown
Before everyone heads out of town to chow down on some delicious turkey and dressing this Thanksgiving week, Do512 is hosting a night of Austin trivia at Third Base downtown this TUESDAY, November 24th. With drink and food specials, bad ass prizes, and a guaranteed good crowd, it will be the PERFECT night to bust out your inner competitive spirit and to flaunt how much you think you know about the town that we all love. Whether you were born, bred, and raised here or just recently began calling this city your home, come on out (and bring your friends) to compete for the chance to dominate trivia night.
Unlike other trivia nights where “winner-takes-all” seems to be the status quo, D0512 Trivia Night guarantees prizes for the TOP 5 contestants. The winner and ultimate know-it-all about the city of Austin will receive the GRAND PRIZE of a $50 gift card to Third Base along with a pair of tickets to see hip-hop artist Del the Funky Homosapien who will be rocking out a much anticipated show at Aces next Tuesday, December 4th. SECOND PLACE gets you a $75 gift card to Third Base, THIRD PLACE receives a pair of tickets to The Color Purple playing at Bass Concert Hall in January, FOURTH PLACE will receive a $40 gift card to Third Base, and finally, FIFTH PLACE gets a $20 gift certificate to Third Base.
Drink specials, going on from 6:30 till the end of the tournament, include $2 domestics and wells, $2.50 Texas beers, and $3 margaritas, Tito’s vodka, Savvy vodka, and Treaty Oak rum. And while you sip on your special priced drinks, you can be consuming some 1/2 price sliders and corn dogs, also lasting from 6:30 till the end of the tournament.
As for those of you who have already started brushing up on your Austin facts, here are some helpful hints to give you an idea of the categories that you will be tested on.
1. How well do you know your hosts?!?
2. The city of Austin has been around for quite some time (170 years!!!), so make sure you know some “Old Austin” facts and landmarks that are prevalent throughout the city.
3. There’s a reason why Austin is called “The Live Music Capital of the World.”
4. True Austinites also consider Austin to be the home of some of the best food in the state.
5. Besides being “The Live Music Capital of the World”, Austin has another slogan that highlights the more eccentric side of our beloved city.
6. Austin definitely knows how to throw some good parties.
7. Know your fellow Austinites.
Trivia Night starts at 7, and make sure you RSVP on the website so that we know you’re coming! So, come out, bring some friends, and have a great time! SEE YA THEN!
Leave a Comment
Be the first to comment!